An anticipation for the days and months to come. There is great beauty ahead.
1. Sometimes, God leads you to do difficult things, not because He wants to make your life difficult, but because He has breakthrough for you. He wants you show you that His grace is enough even if you don’t think you are.
2. It’s never too late for anything— to go back to God, to start reading books, to start studying, to start exercising— and you can start now.
3. There is so much rationality in not worrying.
4. God created you with many passions and talents and it glorifies and honors Him when you pursue them.
5. The hard times are just a part of your journey; they’re not your destination. There is always reason to have hope.
6. The words you say have power— in your life, and most especially, in other people’s lives.
7. Every moment you spend with people is an opportunity to be a light and encouragement."
"A good man is not a perfect man; a good man is an honest man, faithful and unhesitatingly responsive to the voice of God in his life."
John Fisher (via courageous-and-strong)
"The only love that won’t disappoint you is one that can’t change, that can’t be lost, that is not based on the ups and downs of life or of how well you live. It is something that not even death can take away from you. God’s love is the only thing like that."
Timothy Keller (via blendinglife)
"What I hate is ignorance, smallness of imagination, the eye that sees no farther than its own lashes. All things are possible. Who you are is limited only by who you think you are."
Egyptian Book of the Dead (via h-o-r-n-g-r-y)
"Sisters of Christ, your beauty is not defined by your shape, your weight, your complexion, or the fashionable clothes you cover yourselves in. It is not made complete by the makeup you cover your blemishes with, the muscle tone of your body or your lack thereof. Is it defined by anything a mere mirror can reflect? No, it is not. Your beauty is defined by your faith in Jesus Christ. By the love and kindness, stemmed from the Heavenly Father who made you. Your beauty comes from within, it comes from the wellspring of life, your heart. The more you saturate your heart in Christ, the more beautiful you become. You become radiant. You start reflecting the selfless image of Christ. That is beautiful."
"I let it go. It’s like swimming against the current. It exhausts you. After a while, whoever you are, you just have to let go, and the river brings you home."
Joanne Harris, Five Quarters of the Orange (via sorakeem)
"I do not think that all who choose wrong roads perish; but their rescue consists in being put back on the right road. A sum can be put right: but only by going back til you find the error and working it afresh from that point, never by simply going on. Evil can be undone, but it cannot ‘develop’ into good. Time does not heal it. The spell must be unwound, bit by bit, ‘with backward mutters of dissevering power’ —or else not."
― C.S. Lewis, The Great Divorce (via yiscah04)
Who You Are: A Message for Women
Your worth surpasses all the earthly things. The reality is you deserve someone who are willing to give up one’s life for you because you are powerful. I am a daughter of the living God, cherished, adored, and created by God who is greater than all things.